Bitbucket Datacenter installation queries

Swaminathan N November 30, 2018

Hi,

Me and my team are trying to install Bitbucket data center in RHEL. A doubt has arised when installing it. If Data center runs on multiple nodes, then should we install it (data center) in all the nodes(system)? If so, please guide us in installing it in RHEL environment and joining it to the principal node/cluster.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2018

The Bitbucket install guide has all of the information you need to get things running. As long as you follow all of the steps, it should get you to a running state. Basically, what you do is set up your OS the way you want it, mount your shared storage volume, then set up Bitbucket to use the shared storage volume. It will set up the home directory automatically. When you add nodes, you mount the same shared storage volume and point Bitbucket to this volume. When you start up the additional nodes, they will see the existing configuration and join the cluster.

A word of warning with Bitbucket, though. Git is very diskio intensive (the issue is actually Git and not Bitbucket specifically.)  Having low latency storage is critical. If your storage latency is high, you will see issues when you have a lot going on within Bitbucket. This usually manifests as "Bitbucket is queuing" errors and delays or failures in operations completing.  In order to get the best performance out of Bitbucket Data Center, you need to tune things so that each operation finishes as quickly as possible. Throwing memory at it will likely reduce performance, so this is quite different from Jira and Confluence. If you run in to performance issues, I suggest reaching out to Atlassian Support or a Solution Partner for help.  We do this sort of stuff for a living, so we can get things performing well for you. I hope that helps

Swaminathan N December 19, 2018

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply, Dave. That was more helpful. I will get back to you in case of any other issues. Thanks again.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events