Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a app/plugin/feature for guided user onboarding for JIRA datacenter project

Md_ Mahmudur Rashid February 25, 2024

Hello,

I am in need of a 'user onboarding' plugin/feature for our Grant Management System, developed on the JIRA Software Data Center version. The main functionalities include:

1. Project-specific configurability: A 'Start Tour' button will be visible on the project homepage for all logged-in users.
  2. Step-by-step guidelines: Provide a sequential guide for logged-in users, creating steps aligned with the issue status based on the project workflow.
  3. Triggering the process: Users can initiate the onboarding process by clicking a customized button.
  4. Progress tracking: Save a user's history along with their ID to monitor and track the progress of the onboarding process.
  5. Popup window overlay: Upon triggering the option, a popup window will appear next to the target UI element, featuring 'Next,' 'Previous,' and 'End Tour' buttons. The entire window will overlay, focusing the user on the target element until the tour is completed by clicking the 'End Tour' button.
  6. Tour restart: Upon completing a step, an additional 'Start Again' button will appear in the popup, allowing users to resume the tour from the first step.
  7. Progress visualization: Include a progress bar at the top of the popup, highlighting the current step's name and indicating completed and upcoming steps.
  8. Congratulations effect: Implement a visual congratulatory effect upon successfully finishing all steps of the onboarding process.
  9. Notification reminder: Users who haven't completed the tour will receive a pop-up notification upon login, with a focus on the 'Start Tour' button.
  10. Navigation flexibility: Allow users to navigate back and forth between steps by clicking the progress bar's step buttons.

Please suggest if there is any existing plugin that supports these functionalities or if anyone can develop it. We can discuss in more detail if required.

Thank you, everyone.

Murad/GRP/BRAC

2 comments

Comment

Tim Howard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2024

Outside of using a dedicated LMS which you can link on the Jira System Dashboard, there is Training for Jira.  This is a lightweight app for Jira where some training modules are provided and you can create your own.  I don't have direct experience with it, but evaluated it several years ago.  

Like Md_ Mahmudur Rashid likes this
Anna Mitina (Stiltsoft) April 2, 2024

Hi @Md_ Mahmudur Rashid ,

I understand that you're looking for a Jira add-on but we do have a user onboarding plugin called izi LMS for Confluence (maybe that would also be of interest to you). 

You would be able to create courses from your existing Confluence pages and they would all have a "Start course" button which I find quite similar to the "Start tour" button you mentioned. The users would be able to see how far they've come with a course from the table of contents on the left side bar and creators of the course would be able to track their progress.

We also do have a notification system that is triggered when a user has been enrolled to the course and a reminder system.

In addition to all of that you would be able to create quizzes and check the knowledge of your employees.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events