Welcome to the new Data Center Community Group!

Hello and welcome to the new Data Center Community Group!

We’re glad you’re here! If you followed our former Data Center page or our Enterprise Group, you’ll find this new group is pretty similar—a great place for you to stay up-to-date on all things Data Center, chat with peers, and hear from Atlassians about everything ranging from exciting updates to best practices. We’re excited to develop this space for you to share your own experiences, best practices, and ideas to help make Data Center as useful as possible for our self-managed enterprise teams—along with asking questions too!

You might wonder, “why did Atlassian create another group or page?” We love the enterprise space, but we know there's a lot of conversation around our Cloud offering that might not pertain to Data Center customers, so think of this as a Data Center-focused enterprise group. Additionally, we have purposefully designed this group to be more catered towards interaction, engagement, and conversation than our previous Data Center product page.

With that, we know group members will benefit from knowing the other people that join this group. Please take a moment and share your responses to one or two of these icebreaker questions in the comments so we can get to know each other and discover how to bring out the best in Data Center!

1. What type of team or company do you work for and what is your daily connection to Data Center products?

2. Which Data Center products do you use now and/or hope to use in the future?

3. What do you hope to get out of this group?

4. What do you hope to bring to this group?

5. If we held a Q&A (scheduled "Ask Me Anything" discussions), what kind of subject matter experts (SMEs) do you have questions for?

12 comments

Comment

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

Hi,

I was the everything for JIRA Software/Core Server for 12 years and Confluence Server for 6 years.

1. I am now the ITSM Architect in our cie. Our cie is the result of the merger of 2 insurance cie.
  2. We are implementing JSM DC and have JSW DC and Confluence will become a DC version in the next year or so.
  3. As DC is different from the Server version I need to keep up with those differences and learn how other resolved different problems. 
  4. I can share my 12 years of experience with this community
  5. I would want to discuss the difference between DC and Cloud (functionnalities)

Carmen

Like # people like this
Mel Policicchio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

Great to meet you, @Carmen Nadeau! I expect this group will be a great place to highlight the differences between Server and Data Center and between Data Center and Cloud, so I'm glad you're a part of this community!  

Like # people like this
Andrzej Kotas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2022

thank you @Mel Policicchio for kicking off the Data Center focused group.

Hi Y'all! Andrzej here, I'm the Product Manager for Jira DC :)

keen to learn more about your DC stories and looking forward to our future discussions! Cheers!

Like # people like this
Martyna Wojtas
Atlassian Team
March 29, 2022

Hello! Bamboo DC Product Manager here. I'd love to hear your CICD needs and challenges, as well as success stories!

@Mel Policicchio this DC focused group is an awesome idea :)

Like # people like this
Evangeline Black March 29, 2022

Hi.

Totally new but glad to be here. I hope I wont disappoint anyone. 🙂

Like # people like this
Mel Policicchio
Atlassian Team
March 29, 2022

Welcome, @Evangeline Black! I'm excited to have you in the Data Center community and as a newbie, please feel free to post any questions in the group :) 

Anton Genkin
Atlassian Team
March 29, 2022

Hi everyone. I'm Bitbucket DC Product Manager and I'm happy that we now have this group. I'll make sure you guys are updated on all important changes. Lastly, if you have any questions about Bitbucket DC or Atlassian dev tools, I'd be glad to answer those.

Like # people like this
Brian Hill March 31, 2022

I run an Atlassian Solution Partner company, where we have Govt clients using DC products and clients migrating from Server>DC due to their security and governance obligations. Primarily deploying JIRA/Confluence integrations, often with Crowd, but also JSM with Insight (keen to see some AMA focus on JSM/Insight automation + audit in upcoming sessions).

Keen to see stronger interaction and integrations of Insight with Jira automation and a robust, enterprise-grade focus on performance, audit logging, security design across the product stack.

I can bring experience of deploying solutions to Govt and complex clients since 2008 to the discussions, know I've been banging on this drum for a few years now to Atlassian about the importance of understanding clients with complex audit, security and performance requirements and serving their needs with robust integrations.

I've had to sit on both sides of the supply chain fence at times, acting in Govt roles and supplying to them, which does provide some unique perspectives when it comes to understanding the world through their procurement lens.

Like # people like this
Mel Policicchio
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2022

Great to have you in the group, @Brian Hill thanks for being part of the Community!

Benjamin Yu February 21, 2023

hi, we are still using jira server software with Single Sign On (SSO) Does jira data center include free SSO feature like Ping Federate or other plugins?

Mel Policicchio
Atlassian Team
February 21, 2023

Hi @Benjamin Yu you can see a full list of features available in Data Center vs Server here! Hope this helps!

Carla Ann Rowland
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2024

I am a contractor who administers Jira Data Center Instances where in addition to administrative duties I customize: Service Desks and Software projects and confluence. My organization is a government contractor.

I started with Jira Server when it was version 6. 

I like to speak to fellow administrators and do knowledge share and collaborate on solutions focusing on Data Center products.

I use add-ons: ScriptRunner, Dynamic forms and Extension for Service desk. I write a lot of automation rules and basic script. I am still learning Groovy/Java.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events