viewing a users nested groups in crowd admin console

Martin Day January 25, 2018

We currently have Crowd 3.0.1 under evaluation. We are using nested groups to structure the roles/permissions to atlassian applications used by our organisation. One question I have as an admin using the admin console is that I don't seem to be able to easily view all the groups a user is a member of - If I look in the Groups tab of the "users management screen" I only seem to be able to see the direct groups a user is a member of, but not the groups that those groups are contained in. Whereas, under my profile or in the crowd user console it does list all the groups I belong to. Am I missing something obvious? It would definitely be useful for the admin to be able to view/manage all the groups a specific user belongs to, particularly because there is no way of clicking through from the groups displayed to the group(s) that contain it. Of course if I know the group I want to check a user belongs to I can use the group management page to see the nested members tab contains the user, but I definitely see a common use-case of wanting to see all the groups a user belongs to.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Hi @Martin Day

You're not missing anything. Same behaviour here, I must say I had never noticed this inconsistency.

Looks like there is already an open feature request for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-3794

Martin Day January 25, 2018

thanks @Bruno Vincent - i somehow missed that feature request. I've upvoted it and your answer.

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

@Martin Day

You're welcome. I've upvoted the feature request too. I've seen you also left a comment on the page, which is a good thing as it sometimes speeds up the implementation decision.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events