Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync user on fly

Shrek Ding August 29, 2022

Hi, we have this on-premise setup, JIRA SSO to crowd, and crowd linked with LDAP.

Use case:

User logins from JIRA, if this user is new to Crowd/JIRA, sync user from LDAP to crowd and then push to JIRA on fly(means all of the sync process should be done after user click login button, and make user success login).

Currently what we plan to create a crowd plugin to do this, 3 key points need your help.

1, does Crowd have this feature to check a non-existing user before responding user login action?

2, does Crowd have this future to push user to JIRA automatically if a fresh user synced(triggered by login action)from LDAP?

3, what will happen if a fresh user does not exist in JIRA, directly login fail? or fail after checking with remote Crowd?

Any existing plugin please advise, or any API also welcomed!!

1 answer

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

Hey Shrek,

I'm not sure about your 3 questions, however I'm not sure if you've validated the "means all of the sync process should be done after user click login button, and make user success login" - I've not seen (doesn't mean there isn't a way) to initiate a user sync just on a specific user, getting a new user and their groups relies on a User Directory sync, and depending on the number of users/groups/memberships/etc this may take a few seconds or a few minutes - generally longer than the user would expect a login function to take.

CCM

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events