Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

native 2fa in crowd

sebastian April 17, 2020

Hello.

I have crowd datacenter version doing sso with jira/bitbucket/bamboo/confluence.

Is there a way I can add 2fa without adding any plugin or anything like that?

Just an option or a configuration which will enable 2fa/2ma.

3 answers

0 votes
Liubov Topchyi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2020

Hello @sebastian , 

Please have a look at 2FA for Crowd: U2F & TOTP plugin.  It's easy to install and easy to use. Crowd Data Center can use apps in the same way as Crowd Server. So feel free to use our Server app in your Data Center instance.

Regards,

Liubov

sebastian May 26, 2020

does your plugin work with sso?

this means if I login to JIRA for example I would also be logged in to Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo...

Liubov Topchyi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2020

@sebastian , 

If you install this plugin in Crowd, SSO between Crowd and the other products will continue working. 2FA will be triggered only in Crowd.

We're currently looking for a solution of  SSO support implementation. This is not a trivial case and we let you know the estimates as soon as they will be available.

Regards,

Liubov

0 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2020

Or (just throwing it out there) you can integrate your Atlassian applications with any publicly available SAML IdP (e.g. Azure AD, OKTA, ADFS) that DOES have 2FA, move users and group management there or even connect to your on premises AD and then you wouldn't need Crowd.

0 votes
Julia Wilhelms April 17, 2020

Hello Sebastian,

unfortunately, Atlassian does not yet offer a 2FA option for Crowd setups. 

One option to secure Crowd SSO with 2FA is the SecSign ID plugin. You can download it from the Atlassian marketplace.

The cloud version of the plugin is free, or you can have an on-premise setup that keeps all your information safe on your premise. It is currently active in numerous large datacenter versions.

The plugin allows you to use the convenient challenge response authentication with the SSO, and it can be customized to fit your specific setup:

• Simply download the default plugin from the Atlassian marketplace
  • Activate and deactivate 2FA for specific user groups or IP ranges
  • Integration with SAML and OpenID to provide SSO for non-Atlassian products

It is currently active in numerous large datacenter versions.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events