multiple crowd directories for a single JIRA and a single Confluence

Stephane Genin March 1, 2016

Hi,

My customer is currently switching his crowd server, and he wants to take this opportunity to ugrapde it and clean its configuration.

In order to do that smoothly, he wants to install a new crowd server and use the old one at the same time. The idea is to create two User Directories for both Crowds in JIRA and Confluence and put the new one in first position. When the new one will be clean and working, he will remove the connection to the old one.

I have several questions, but the main one is : what about SSO? I'm pretty sure that only one Crowd Server can be used as the SSO Server, so if some users are retrieved from a Crowd instance, and some others from the other one, all users won't make use of the SSO features.

Am I right?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2016

I don't think this is the way you should be migrating Crowd. Please take a look at the Documentation article – https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Migrating+Crowd+Between+Servers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events