Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update applications url in crowd

Lokesh Pathak January 15, 2019

We are moving our apps to a new server (including crowd) and hence we need to update the applications url  (Jira, Confluence etc.) in crowd settings so they can start talking to the new crowd server. Are there any resources out there which can help?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

Hi @Lokesh Pathak,

I don't think there is a guide to updating this. I would refer to this guide for Jira, point 2 and adapt that for the update. On the bottom, there is a related topics area, where you can find the links for the other applications. 

In short, go to User Management - User Directories, choose the Crowd Directory and make your changes there.

Please note that you must not be logged in with a user from that directory to be able to edit it.

Lokesh Pathak January 16, 2019

Thanks for the instructions @Bastian Stehmann I located this option in Jira and tried updating crowd server links and found that you need to have a local admin account in order to do that. Is there any other way to update this value?

"You cannot edit this directory because you are logged in through it, please log in as a locally authenticating user to edit it"

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2019

No , there is no other way (except modifying the database, and that is absolutely not recommended).

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2019

Hi @Lokesh Pathak,

I don't think that you need the URLs, just the remote addresses must be updated. You can find that setting in the Remote Adresses tab in the Application Settings.

You just might need to change the Crowd URL in your applications.

Lokesh Pathak January 15, 2019

Hi @Bastian Stehmann,

Can you please point me to the resources which guide through the process of updating the links for Crucible, Confluence, Jira and Confluence applications?

I am surprised that there's no documentation out there to guide through the steps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events