how to add admin user to crowd using mysql commads

I have a new install of crowd.  There is only one user account added so far.  The user has too many failed attempts so she is unable to login.  Is there a way to add another admin user with MySQL commands?

2 answers

0 vote

Have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowdkb/restoring-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-283642653.html - that's better than creating a new user, but take care to follow the "shut down crowd while running SQL".  You should see the "failed attempts" in the database and can set them to 0 as well as set a new password.

Hi Nic,

I don't have access to DB Visualizer as I am working on a classified system. The link in the document is broken. Not really clear on how to use this document to reset a user password by shutting down the database and setting the failed attempts to zero.

You need anything more than the ability to run SQL on the database to change the password to something you know.  Without a tool, you'll need to run some SQL selects to find out where to put things, but it's just command line stuff.

The failed attempts is just a counter on cwd_user, set it to zero for your admin user with an update

Is there a document you can recommend for the SQL commands etc to make the changes? 

Er, the document in my answer has all the SQL you need, including password changes and resetting the failure counts.

0 vote
Bruno Vincent Community Champion Apr 12, 2016

Alternatively, if you could open a session to the server running Crowd, you would be able to add another Crowd administrator account using a simple tool like curl and Crowd REST API (the application credentials to use are available in crowd.properties).

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,168 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you