how to add admin user to crowd using mysql commads

lhaynes4 April 11, 2016

I have a new install of crowd.  There is only one user account added so far.  The user has too many failed attempts so she is unable to login.  Is there a way to add another admin user with MySQL commands?

2 answers

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

Alternatively, if you could open a session to the server running Crowd, you would be able to add another Crowd administrator account using a simple tool like curl and Crowd REST API (the application credentials to use are available in crowd.properties).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2016

Have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowdkb/restoring-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-283642653.html - that's better than creating a new user, but take care to follow the "shut down crowd while running SQL".  You should see the "failed attempts" in the database and can set them to 0 as well as set a new password.

lhaynes4 April 11, 2016

Hi Nic,

I don't have access to DB Visualizer as I am working on a classified system. The link in the document is broken. Not really clear on how to use this document to reset a user password by shutting down the database and setting the failed attempts to zero.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2016

You need anything more than the ability to run SQL on the database to change the password to something you know.  Without a tool, you'll need to run some SQL selects to find out where to put things, but it's just command line stuff.

The failed attempts is just a counter on cwd_user, set it to zero for your admin user with an update

lhaynes4 April 11, 2016

Is there a document you can recommend for the SQL commands etc to make the changes? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2016

Er, the document in my answer has all the SQL you need, including password changes and resetting the failure counts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events