crowd openldap connector ignores password policy of openldap

franz.ofner December 9, 2019

Hi there,

we want to use openldap connector of crowd to connect all our applications to openldap.

Now i have a problem that crowd connector ignores password policy settings of openldap.

The reason i think is that the connector identify itself to openldap with root dn e.g. cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com and per openldap definition password policy will be ignored by root dn.

Is there a way to change this, so password policy of openldap will be considered ?

Thanks,

Franz

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

Password policies in LDAP apply to people logging into systems via LDAP.

The connector to an LDAP service do not password policies applied to them because they are not logging into a system via LDAP, and you usually don't want them to have the policy applied - you don't want things like having your entire estate of servers needing reconfiguration every x weeks, or just stop letting people log in.

franz.ofner December 9, 2019

Hi Nic,

thanks for your detailed answer. 

Do you know can i configure a user directory e.g. in confluence to connect directly to LDAP server using each user of confluence itself ? 

Regards, Franz

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events