Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding users from multiple OU's

d April 4, 2013

In AD i have users grouped into OU's based on department and im trying to get crowd to load the users from two diffrent OU's and read the groups from a third OU

is the possible to do using only one directory or will i have to setup a directory for each OU i want to connect to?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
d April 16, 2013

It seems that this was caused by a DNS issue which was preventing the subtree search of the domain

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2013

Hi there,

When I read the title my immediate thought was mutilple directory connections, and that is what I would still recommend to you now whilst reading this. I don't know if you could figure out a way to get it to pick up from multiple OUs on one connector but I wouldn't advise it when multiple directory connectors will do the job.

All the best,
John

d April 4, 2013

I've just set it up with 3 directories, 1 for dev users, 1 for qa users, and 1 containing groups that have members from the other two OUs.

Crowd sees the users fine, but when it but it comes to reading the groups it thinks that they are empty?

I'm still running crowd 2.5.2 if that would make any difference?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events