Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do users go to change their passwords?

Gary Spencer February 1, 2018

We just stood up Crowd and have Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket. If I try to have a user log into crowd they get the bad user/pass and there are no options to do so in their profiles in the other apps. This should be simple. 

If I set the attribute to force change password they once again get bad user/pass.

What am I missing here???

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2018

Hi @Gary Spencer

I believe that the reason for this situation is the way Crowd works. Crowd'a console is where users are able to change their passwords and see which applications they have access to. However, Crowd console is treated as an application and as such users needs to be allowed to authenticate there. By default only 'crowd-administrators' are allowed to authenticate to Crowd console, but you can easily change that by navigating to:

Applications > crowd > [Directories & Groups] tab and then select a directory which contains your users. Then in the dialog that appears, provide a name of group(s) which will be allowed to authenticate to Crowd (all users in that group will have that permission). If you do not need to selectively add such permission, you can allow all users to authenticate to Crowd from a directory.

Here is Crowd documentation that provides instructions https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/specifying-which-groups-can-access-an-application-25788430.html (I just noted that this particular part is outdated as in the lates version of Crowd the UI of this view was changed. I will report that so it will be fixed soon).

I hope that this answers your question, but feel free to post more questions. I am happy to help you!

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events