Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the SQL query to extract information about what activity a sysadmin performed.

David Clark
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 27, 2022

We are securing our apps and need to track all activity performed by the admins and the users. I need to know the login/logoff times and what actions were performed.
I need this in SQL query format.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Crowd has some audit tables, the main ones being cwd_audit_log_changeset, cwd_audit_log_entry and cwd_audit_log_entity, which you can join together for a big flat table of all audited changes.

But it won't be as useful as you think it might be - Crowd doesn't record that much detail.

Also, you won't find anything with login/logoff times - that's tracked by the applications, not the user directories, and it's the same for the actions within the applications.

I can see you're trying to do some form of auditing, but I'm not sure you've come up with the best method of doing it.  Could you describe the ultimate goal of what you're trying to get to?  Forget tables, databases, crowd etc, and give us the high-level goal in human-speak  (For example, "my auditors want to know what changes Bob made to Alice's access last Tuesday")

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events