Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the other possible issues with Unsupported major.minor version 52.0?

James Fahrny September 14, 2020

I have reviewed all of the other posts but this is installing Crowd 4.1.1 on apache Linux and I have tried4 different versions of Java JDK 8 (261, 202, 181, 102, 65) and I have the environment setup correctly unless I am missing something.

JRE_HOME=/home/ec2-user/jdk1.8.0_102/jre/

PATH=/home/ec2-user/jdk1.8.0_102/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/aws/bin:/home/ec2-user/.local/bin:/home/ec2-user/bin

JAVA_HOME=/home/ec2-user/jdk1.8.0_102

We have also tried this with Crowd 4.1.1 and 4.0.3.

Here are the catalina.out errors:

SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal ContainerBase.addChild: start:    org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/crowd]]

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/atlassian/crowd/console/logging/CrowdHomeLogAppender : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 (unable to load class [com.atlassian.crowd.console.logging.CrowdHomeLogAppender])

14-Sep-2020 15:56:09.445 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal ContainerBase.addChild: start:        org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/openidserver]]

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/springframework/web/SpringServletContainerInitializer : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 (unable to load class [org.springframework.web.SpringServletContainerInitializer])

I also verified that the actual class (not loading) is located at:

/home/ec2-user/crowd-webapp/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/crowd/console/logging/CrowdHomeLogAppender

I also found another problem by running a configtest.sh on Apache:

SEVERE: Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8095]]

org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed

Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Any new insights would be appreciated for this problem since I believe that the obvious stuff is already correct.  JDK and JRE are same versions.

Has anyone see this before?

Jim

1 answer

0 votes
James Fahrny September 15, 2020

Actually, I started from scratch with Java JDK 8 (version 261) and installed it.  Then set the JAVA_HOME variable.  I think installed Crowd 4.1.1 and these crazy issues disappeared.  I am now getting and error that the connector to 8095 for http cannot initialize due to connections already using the connector:

SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initInternal Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8095]]        org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed

Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use  at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)  at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:444)  at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:436)                at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:225)                at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint.bind(NioEndpoint.java:221)  at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractEndpoint.init(AbstractEndpoint.java:1118)  at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractJsseEndpoint.init(AbstractJsseEndpoint.java:223)                at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init(AbstractProtocol.java:581)  at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Protocol.init(AbstractHttp11Protocol.java:70)                at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initInternal(Connector.java:993)

I am installing on an AWS EC2 instance but I am surprised that following the exact instructions in order from Atlassian for install is not working.  I am getting a 404 on the website which is expected if the port connection cannot initialize.

Anyone have inputs for this problem?

Thanks,

Jim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events