Using delegated authentication + Crowd, do users have to log in first before adding them to Crowd groups?

Ali September 3, 2013

I'm using Crowd to do delegated authentication using Active Directory (AD). There are some users who are not in active directory, and some users who are, but none have yet logged into Crowd. Prior to their first login, can I add them to groups, so that when they first log in they will have appropriate access? I haven't found a way to use Crowd to pull in users from AD prior to their first login.

2 answers

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Hi Ali, I think there's another option you may consider, in Crowd you have the option of import users from an CSV file, you can see details of this process in this link.

Let me know if it helps.

Cheers

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Hi Ali, regarding the group membership, in Crowd you can define default groups per directory (see here). Would it work for you?

Cheers

Ali September 3, 2013

Hmm. . . . No, unfortunately I think not. You did give me an idea -- possibly setting up another directory that was filtered by a particularly attribute, and then defining a default group for that "sub-directory" -- but I think our AD is very flat, and I am unsure there is such an attribute to filter by. Thank you very much anyway!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events