Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Jira server v7.5.1, Confluence server v6.3.4 and Crowd v2.6.5 and looking for upgrade.

Gaurav Kaushik July 20, 2018

Hi,
We are currently using Jira server v7.5.1, Confluence  server v6.3.4 and Crowd v2.6.5
Mysql version: 5.6.34.

and looking for upgrade.
Every plugin we are using with the trio is up to date 
Please guide us what would be the suitable versions of the above since, we are planning to upgrade.
Also, if there could be some risks involved in the same.

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2018

The decision to which version you want to go it is up to you. Based on what I see here upgrade should be pretty straightforward. But my words are not guarantee since you might got something in you system that would break. I suggest to set up a test system that would be a copy of your production, on which you would step by step check if the upgrade process is fine. You should read all the release notes and upgrade notes to be up to date with all changes and also check plugin compatibility in new versions.  If you need a suggestion I would start with Crowd (since it is the oldest version) then check if everything is working and do JIRA and Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events