Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users are unable to authenticate

Deepu Kurup
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2022

From the logs :- I find this error :- 

Crowd user authentication fails with 'Directory 'X' is not functional during authentication' error

On Checking the LDAP test connection I get the following error :- 

There was a problem communicating with the LDAP server: simple bind failed: <Ixyz.com:3269>; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: <Xyz.com> [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: validity check failed]

Need help asap

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Reneesh Kottakkalathil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

@Deepu Kurup 

Welcome to the community. This is because your products are missing the intermediate(chain) certificate in the JDK cacerts file. Importing the chain certificate to the JDKs cacerts file will fix the issue. I faced a similar issue and it was fixed after importing the intermediate certs.

Refer this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-error-779355358.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events