User management multiple Atlassian products

Is it possible to create a group per Atlassian product but still maintain the integration? We have Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Hipchat. Not all four products are necessary for all users, how do I separate this effectively?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Your instincts are correct, create an access group per application and put different people in them.  This won't affect your integrations directly, but you may find users who have different accesses may see quirks (e.g. if a user has Confluence and looks at a page that reports on Jira, but they have no Jira access, the reports may look empty)

Thanks Nic, will try to set it up.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Jan 23, 2018

Just to add to what Nic has already stated. I would suggest you to use "crowd" for managing all the groups and being the single source of truth for authentication/authorizations to all the different applications because scaling user management schemes isn't an easy task especially in last enterprise setup. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can get more info on Crowd

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,512 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you