Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use REST To Request User Password Reset on Crowd?

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2019

I'm writing a script to create users, add them to a group and then send a password reset email from Crowd.

I'm using application credentials to handle this and I can create the user and add them to a group fine, but when I try and request the password reset using

curl -k -D- -u "applicationname:apppassword" -X POST https://mycrowdserver/crowd/rest/usermanagement/1/user/mail/password?username=usertoreset

I get

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

and

XSRF check failed

The documentation suggests "the application is not allowed to update the user's password" but I can't see how I would enable it anywhere in Crowd if it is even disabled.

I can't find a solution to this after a lot of searching, can anyone help please?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2019

Fixed it by adding the following to my request

-H "X-Atlassian-Token:nocheck"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events