Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use API to update group (like set active to inactive)

kamanwu October 21, 2019

I need turned on :  Enforcing Lower-Case Usernames and Groups for an Application

I have a group called: "KamanTest".

Since I turn on "Enforcing Lower-Case Usernames and Groups for an Application", I recevied: 'kamantest.

Now I want to update it by using:

PUT /rest/usermanagement/1/group?groupname=kamantest

The error message is: Error: group name of updated group does not match the group name of the existing group.

If I try:

PUT /rest/usermanagement/1/group?groupname=KamanTest

it works.

BUT basing on "kamantest", I do not know the groupname is: KamanTest or KAMANTEST or something else.

Is there any solution for this? Did I do something wrong? 

2 answers

0 votes
Gaurav
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2019

Hi @kamanwu,

As per the error message you reported, you are not allowed to update a group's name in Crowd.

Currently, Crowd doesn't allow to update any group's name.

You can only delete and re-create the group with a new name.

However, you can update other group attributes, but you need to have same name supplied in the body of the PUT request as well as in the query param (case insensitive).

Cheers!

Gaurav Agarwal

kamanwu November 5, 2019

Hello Gaurav,

Thanks for replying me.  I think you misunderstand my problem.

I do NOT want to update group name.  I just want to update group attributes (like set active to inactive).

As I said: I need turned on : Enforcing Lower-Case Usernames and Groups for an Application.

When turn on this feature, your API will all always send out the lower-case name.  So, In my application, I ONLY know there is a group which name is: kamantest.  I do NOT know the case-sensitive version of the group name.

When I send PUT request, I have to send "kamantest" in both query param and body. I cannot send the case-sensitive version (KamanTest) since my applicaton do not know it.

Thanks.

0 votes
kamanwu October 22, 2019

Is there anyone can help this problem?

Thanks.

kamanwu October 28, 2019

If this problem cannot be resolved, I have to turn off the flag: "Enforcing Lower-Case Usernames and Groups for an Application"   Is there anyone can give me a confirmed answer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events