Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login few existing users on non prod applications as crowd, jira, confluence

Peruma Chinnasamy May 2, 2022

Unable to login few existing users in non prod applications are  crowd, jira, confluence, bitbucket & bamboo even though the user name and password are correct.

Error message detail:-

Error message in application: " Incorrect user name and password"

Log details:-

1 ." Caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Account with name <user_name> failed to authenticate:
[LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090447, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v3839\u0000];
nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090447,
comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v3839\u0000]

2. "2022-05-02 15:28:59,453 http-nio-8081-exec-66 INFO [crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] Invalid credentials for user user_name in directory directory_name, aborting"

Kindly help me to fix this issue.

2 answers

0 votes
Roman Kovalov May 24, 2022

Hi @Peruma Chinnasamy

I can confirm that I have same error, when I try to login with wrong credentials.

You said that you cannot login by few users, by others you can?

Also if you are using connector or delegated type of directory, passwords for this users are stored directly in directory (for example in LDAP), where crowd is trying to find user credentials for each authentication. More about this you can find in this spec.

And one more suggestion from me, maybe this users have different type of hashing password in directory SHA-256/SHA-512/Plaintext, etc

Peruma Chinnasamy May 25, 2022

Hi Roman,

We are using delegated types of directories.

Roman Kovalov May 26, 2022

Sorry, but like I say before, Crowd doesn't store user credentials for delegated type of directory. This means that the directory delegates user authentication to LDAP.
You can try to use internal type of directory, which will store user, group and role information in Crowd database .

Also you can check that usernames are the same in the Crowd Delegated Authentication directory and in the LDAP directory.

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2022

Hello @Peruma Chinnasamy ,

If you using any external user directory configured, Please check the Directory sync is happening or not.

and also check the users are available in Jira or not in user management.

Peruma Chinnasamy May 25, 2022

Thank you KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH I will check that

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events