Unable to access crowd & confluence server

Gaurav Sharma June 26, 2019

We are facing some strange problem, we have a Jira & Confluence setup that is using Crowd for authentication. When logging from Jira everything works fine but when I try to login via Confluence I am getting 'invalid username / password'.

We tried debugging the issue and even updated one account password manually in crowd database. However, I am able to login using the updated password from Jira but when I try to log in to confluence / crowd I am getting invalid user / password.

Currently we are not able to login using any user defined on confluence / crowd however we are able to work with Jira. Request your expertise to solve this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2019

Hi @Gaurav Sharma 

I guess you should check that Confluence is allowed to request your Crowd server. In Crowd's console, please go to Applications > Confluence > Remote addresses and make sure that all the IP addresses of your Confluence server are listed (I mean IPv4 and IPv6).

You should also check that your user is allowed to log into Confluence. Still in Crowd's console, go to Applications > Confluence > Directories and groups and make sure that your user belongs to a group that is authorized to authenticate.

If that still does not work, I suggest that you add the following property in confluence/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties, then restart Confluence and see if you get any useful information regarding this problem in atlassian-confluence.log

log4j.logger.com.atlassian.crowd.integration = DEBUG
Gaurav Sharma July 17, 2019

I am not able to login into both confluence and crowd console itself to validate this information. Can we turn off confluence - crowd information directly in the database ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events