Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The supplied license key is invalid or expired

Lighthouse Investment Partners_ LLC February 25, 2019

I am getting a "The supplied license key is invalid or expired" error but our license does not expire until the end of the year and this is February. HELP!!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2019

What are you pasting into Crowd, and from where?  (Not the actual content, but where you're getting it from - a screenshot would be great, but blur out a good chunk of the key)

Lighthouse Investment Partners_ LLC February 25, 2019

Nic, I resolved this issue today. The problem was that we added one extra user over the licensed 50 users and that rendered our license to be invalid. I had to add the unlimited evaluation license to open it back up, then I logged in a deleted a few users, removed the eval license and reapplied the license. We are back in business.

Atlassian can save their customers the headache by not allowing them to add users above the licensed limit. Don't know why they would allow us to go over the limit and then lock us out completely. Not sure if this is intentional, I don't really care for it. It's a poor design.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2019

It's a necessary design - the user system is often external, so tehre's no way to control when someone exceeds the licence other than by blocking access at some level.

The failure here is that it wasn't telling you that clearly enough (there should have been a warning message in the UI)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events