cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Crowd
  • Questions
  • The password could not be changed by the credentials provider. The following URL does not specify a valid Crowd User Management REST service

The password could not be changed by the credentials provider. The following URL does not specify a valid Crowd User Management REST service

Savvier Dev January 26, 2014

I'm trying to simply reset my password. I receive the reset password email, and land on the page without issue. Once I enter my new password and click reset, this error pops up above the password input fields.

The password could not be changed by the credentials provider. The following URL does not specify a valid Crowd User Management REST service. http://xxxx.atlassian.net/crowd/rest/usermanagement/1/user/password?username=xxxx

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Savvier Dev January 28, 2014

I'm using Jira OnDemand (I believe), logging into their servers. I contacted support and they told me that they had to "re-sync the user directories". Was able to send myself a password reset after that and everything worked

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2014

thanks for sharing the result here! i'm sure it will help many others too. :)

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2014

Hello Shean,

This can be problem with the Crowd URL (if you have a proxy in front possibly) or a problem with the user directory. You may want to remove and add the user directory in Crowd with the exact same configuration as this usually helps fixing many issues.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Joonho Um June 19, 2014

Hi, I also have same problem but I do not use proxy.

How can I remove my user directory?

0 votes
Joonho Um June 19, 2014

Hi, I also have same problem but I do not use proxy.

How can I re-sync my user directory?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events