cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teams in Space: Cannot Login to Jira & Confluence

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Hello,

i have just checked out the most recent version of Teams in Space on an Ubuntu 18.04 Server.

I managed to get "tis-start" to run but i cant Log in to Jira / Confluence using the default credentials (admin + password provided here).

Both Applications show their login screens, but behave as i am am entering a wrong password.

Jira logs:

2019-10-14 15:44:45,299 http-nio-8080-exec-20 ERROR anonymous 944x149x1 1mbtt2l 192.168.77.147 /rest/gadget/1.0/login [c.a.c.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] Directory 'Crowd Server' is not functional during authentication of 'admin'. Skipped.

Confluence Logs

2019-10-14 15:55:31,077 WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-1] [atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator] login login : 'admin' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.
-- referer: http://confluence.teamsinspace.com:8090/dologin.action | url: /dologin.action | traceId: a5ae47f18a263b89

Crowd does not log anything except this

2019-10-14 14:59:23,911 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Plugin system earlyStartup ended
2019-10-14 14:59:23,915 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Plugin system lateStartup begun
2019-10-14 14:59:23,918 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Plugin system lateStartup ended
2019-10-14 14:59:24,033 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [sal.core.upgrade.DefaultPluginUpgradeManager] Running plugin upgrade tasks...
2019-10-14 14:59:24,530 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.troubleshooting.upgrade.TroubleshootingPluginReplacementService] Unschedule old jobs...
2019-10-14 14:59:24,707 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.troubleshooting.upgrade.TroubleshootingPluginReplacementService] Uninstalling old plugins...
2019-10-14 14:59:28,585 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [crowd.manager.backup.AtlassianSchedulerBackupScheduler] Registering automated backup job with trigger schedule 0 0 2 * * ?
2019-10-14 14:59:29,438 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [com.atlassian.crowd.startup] Starting Crowd Server, Version: 3.5.0 (Build:#1120 - 2019-07-04)
2019-10-14 14:59:30,248 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/crowd]] org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: loaded (conf ok)
2019-10-14 15:00:00,221 Caesium-2-4 INFO [manager.token.reaper.UserTokenReaper] No expired user tokens were found

I can't access 
http://crowd.teamsinspace.com:2430/crowd
even though

i get a connection refused message from the browser, i also get it when i try "wget http://localhost:2430/crowd" on the server

EDIT: i have stopped crowd and ran crows-start.sh -fg 
and got a lot of errors "Error executing DDL via JDBC Statement" in the log:

Download it from our Jira (Powered by Share your Jira) 

EDIT 2: Additional Info: As the oracle JDK was not available for installation any more i installed adoptOpen JDK.

Thanks in advance

Jens

5 answers

5 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
djenkins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

You need to start from the latest repository that I’ve published in Teams In Space. Follow these instructions. 

Reset all data and pull from the latest repository update which includes all your new changes that I added.

cd /opt/atlassian
tis-stop
tis-check (make sure there are no running processes when you run this.)
git status (just a check but okay if there are red files that show up, you will be resetting all of this)
git reset --hard
git clean -fd
git pull origin master
tis-install
sh scripts/movetopresent.sh (press tab to auto-complete)
start-crowd && start-jira
tis-reindex (wait for Jira to be up and running. Then run tis-reindex. Simply visit jira.teamsinspace.com:8080)

Also, I'd like to know a couple more things about your setup. What version of Java are you running. Run the following and post here. 

java -version

What does your `.bash_profile` look like. Post your bash profile or at least verify you have the two lines of code setup. 

# source /opt/atlassian/setup.sh is a requirements. If it runs when you open a new terminal window, it should say "Teams in Space is up!"

source /opt/atlassian/setup.sh

# Export JAVA_HOME is dependent on your version of Java and operating system. You need to make sure when you run "java -version" that you are using the right version of JAVA by default.

export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home)

Lastly, please reference the Supported Platforms documentation for Crowd and the other products. Java 11 is not supported. 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/supported-platforms-191851.html

Please use OpenJDK 1.8 as shown in the documentation.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

Hi David,

finally found some time to follow up on this.

Your reset instructions did the trick, no idea why it didnt work with the quite recent version i checked out earlier.

Regarding your questions:

Java Version

root@teams-in-space:/opt/atlassian/data/jira/log# java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_222"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 1.8.0_222-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 25.222-b10, mixed mode)

.bash_profile

source /opt/atlassian/setup.sh
export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/lib/jvm/adoptopenjdk-8-hotspot-amd64)

Cheers

Jens

Like # people like this
2 votes
Answer accepted
Neal Riley October 30, 2019

I remember years ago running into similar problems like this. Often this is a corrupted in-memory DB. 

Question: Is this a clean installation of TeamsInSpace? Starting from the repo from the first time?

I believe there is a tis-reset command or something similar that should blow away the data and rebuild.  Have you tried this already?

re: installing oracle jdk on ubuntu - https://tecadmin.net/install-oracle-java-11-ubuntu-18-04-bionic/

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Areg Vrtanesyan _Work_ October 30, 2019

Hi @Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions 

I always used CentOS distribution with JDK 8.x installed from https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

Haven't seen issues so far.

Now I am using AWS setup where I can define my own DNS which works quite well.

Re-initialising setup from fresh sources should help.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Philipp Sendek
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2019

I would also recommend to re-setup TIS or at least run tis-reset to make sure the installation is without issues.

I haven't had the same issues yet, but this seems like a pretty big issue. Since I haven't upgraded TIS in a whilte I can't confirm whether there's an issue with the current built.
We're currently on TIS crowd 3.2.3 and Jira 8.1.0 non-docker.

And we're still on java version "1.8.0_144" since out initial installation of TIS on that system:
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

Regards,
Philipp 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2019

@Areg Vrtanesyan _Work_ , @Philipp Sendek _brainbits_ @Neal Riley 

Thanks for your input, will try running the docker version of TIS first,
a welcome reason to finally take a closer look at docker,

if this should not solve the problem i will try resetting.

The instance is brand new and the services have not been started at all but who knows...

djenkins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

Are you running this on your local machine or on a VM using Ubuntu 18.04? I should be able to help solve everything you need. The initial problem is that Crowd isn’t connected so you aren’t able to authenticate. Let’s get Crowd working and then everything else should fall into place. 

djenkins
Atlassian Team
October 30, 2019

Also use the following commands to start individual applications. tis-help for a list of commands. 

start-crowd
start-jira
stop-crowd
stop-jira
tail-jira
djenkins
Atlassian Team
October 30, 2019

I wouldn't use the Docker version of TIS until you have the local version of TIS running first. Docker is a convenient way to run the environment, but not the recommended resource for optimal control of the demo. Let's fix the issue with Crowd first and then play with Docker afterwards. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events