Synchronize LDAP users pictures

Allan Margono March 20, 2017

We are evaluating crowd ver  2.11.0 and can't find a way to utilize our LDAP users pictures to all Atlassian Tools sets, including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo. Please provide suggestions on how we can achieve that? We have users complaint that they have to upload different pictures on each Atlassian tools.

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

As of today you can't. You might want to vote for the following feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-2165

Allan Margono March 21, 2017

What about synchronize users pictures between Atlassian tools? Hence users just need to upload pictures once and it should be shared among all Atlassian Tools?

Can it be done?

I.e, User uploads a pic on Jira, the same pic should be displayed in Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc. 

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2017
Allan Margono June 2, 2017

Beside the plugins options, would it possible to host our own avatar server in Crowd? i.e., using public hosted avatar is not acceptable at an enteprise level, due to security, etc.

If yes, then is there any recommendation on how to set it up?

Allan Margono June 2, 2017

If we have to use a plugin then I don't see any single plugin that can be used across all atlassian tools, e.g., jira, confluence, bamboo, bitbucket and crowd. At least none for jira & confluence single avatar plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events