Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing of Crowd application between multiple services?

swestmeier August 25, 2020

Hi,

I have setup an application in Crowd to connect my Jenkins master 1. Works great.

Now I have setup another Jenkins master 2 and also want to connect it to Crowd. Can I reuse / share the same application here?

I have tested and it seems to work. Probably because I did not enable the SSO part in the application.

Is this an anti-pattern even though it works?

And pros and cons for doing so?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2020

No, your two Jenkins are differenct services.  You'll be able to re-use, as in copy, almost all the config and have them behave the same (in Crowd terms), but you can't have one application pointing to many applications

I was assuming, because the two Jenkins are different services, that it would not work. But actually using the same application (not a copy of it) works.

Probably it works in my special case, because the application is actually not pointing to the services. The only part where they would point to the service, is the SSO ACS URL and Entity ID. But as I don't use it, there is no pointer.

Where would it break in my use case?

Actually I use the same service (not a copy of it) for both Jenkins instances. And it works!

I think it works, because the only pointer is in the SSO ACS URL and Entity ID. But I have this SSO tab disabled.

Still where would / will it break?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events