Server Capacity required for Crowd installation on separate server

Planning to install crowd on a separate server. What would be the required

CPU

RAM

Database capacity for the crowd installation.

Similar to following

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/server-hardware-requirements-guide-30736403.html

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Nov 22, 2017

Ayesha and Geoff, I also could not find the Crowd server hardware requirements. With 50 users, I would expect you to be able to run Crowd on the Confluence minimum required hardware:

CPU: Quad core 2GHz+ CPU
RAM: 6GB
Minimum database space: 10GB

Disk space will not grow much as Crowd doesn't store any attachments on the file system like Confluence does. My local installation of Crowd takes less than 300mb disk.

I opened a request for our technical writers to post a page for Crowd like: Server Hardware Requirements Guide.

Here is the request, in case you want to comment or vote on it: Crowd Server hardware requirements guide is needed

0 votes

Crowd is a lightweight compared with Jira and Confluence, you'll probably struggle to buy a server that can't handle it nowadays.

I know of one running on a raspberry pi with 1 Gb Ram, for a small site with only 20 users.  It seems fine to us, although the pi is running only a cut-down OS, Crowd, some basic monitoring and a backup routine.

For a bigger site, Crowd runs fine in the default 512Mb, and the database can also be relatively small - I doubt you'll hit a Gb of disk space even when you've got thousands of users.

I am looking for an Atlassian recommended Server Capacity for crowd installation for an approximate 50 user site. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,177 views 15 11
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you