Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO with Crowd and cookie hassle

GSC September 19, 2018

Hi community,

I am running Confluence, Jira Core, Service Desk and Crowd under the same local IP address and PostgresQL, different ports though. Crowd setup works, bidirectional application linking as well, everything fine.

I find myself with the situation that I have to constantly re-enter user id and password and get kicked out constantly of the account. It seems, this entire setup causes havoc and the cookies do not differentiate ports, which sucks big time.

Questions:
1.) Any suggestions how tho get this working, besides using several independent browsers?
2.) Would a workaround with subinterfaces work, binding the applications to different IP-Addresses? if so, where do I change the IP address  Attlassian applications bind to at startup?

Thanks a lot,
Gernot

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2018

Hello @GSC

1/ Please take a look at this KB for a list of resolution strategies for this problem.

2/ If the IP addresses are resolved to the same server name, that won't be of any help. The closest approach to this is to have different DNS entries for your IP, for instance  confluence.yourdomain.com, jirasd.yourdomain.com. In such a case Crowd SSO obviously has to be configured for yourdomain.com.

GSC September 19, 2018

Hi, I am not using DNS.

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2018

Well, as Crowd SSO is domain based, I strongly suggest that you do.

If for some reason you can't bind to a DNS server, you can add entries to the hosts file of your computer (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts on Windows, /etc/hosts on macOs and Linux). For instance:

127.0.0.1 localhost jira.yourdomain.com jirasd.yourdomain.com confluence.yourdomain.com

Then add yourdomain.com as the Crowd SSO domain in the general settings of Crowd's administration console.

GSC September 19, 2018

Went with the context path modification option for the time being, works fine now.

Thanks for your assistance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events