SSO domain invalid after moving to production

schuurdeur May 1, 2018

Good day,

We decided to implment Atlasian crowd in our intrastructure after some testing. So we created a new server and added it to our main database server postgresql as backend.

I exported the configuration "with out domain" and imported it back into crowd production, the inport goes well and all the users are able to login. When that worked we implemented the SSO again and that is where we are stuck...

We did evyerhing as in our test instance, but the SSO domain as .domain.tld and enabled the SSO cookie option.

After saving it seems to work,, but when I login as administrator to the CROWD console I see the logs spamming with the following error:

ERROR [crowd.integration.springsecurity.AbstractCrowdSSOAuthenticationProcessingFilter] Unable to set Crowd SSO tok$
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: An invalid domain [.domain.tdl] was specified for this cookie

We use the following setup

Backend: Postgresql 9.4 on a UBUNTU 16 LTS

Crowd server: Ubuntu 18.01 LTS and OpenJDK-8-JRE-HEADLESS

Haproxy latest as our main proxy for SSL offloading

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2018

Hi @schuurdeur

You just need to remove the leading "." character from the SSO domain value in the General Options of your Crowd server. For instance domain.tld instead of .domain.tld

schuurdeur May 1, 2018

That worked, thank you!

But then the Documentation is "wrong".

Example 1: If you wish to have single sign-on (SSO) support for *.mydomain.com, you will need to configure the SSO domain in Crowd as .mydomain.com — including the full stop ('.') at the beginning. All your Crowd-connected applications must be in the same domain. For example:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/overview-of-sso-179445277.html

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2018

You're welcome! Yes, you're right, the documentation definitely needs to be updated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events