You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
SSL connection to Crowd doesn't work on SuSe with TOMCAT HTTPS Config
After following the instructions and trying this:
<Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
maxThreads="150" SSLEnabled="true" scheme="https" secure="true"
This simply doesn't work according to the instructions on the Atlassian website. I do not even get any error message. I tried this on SuSe Linux. It just hangs and times out without even an error message. I tried the following:
* curl --noproxy "*" https://localhost:8443 -v
* wget --no-proxy https://localhost:8443
* openssl s_client -connect https://127.0.0.1:8443
* Adding the 8443 port to the SuSe firewall and reloading the firewall
* Changing the above to 443 instead of 8443
* Reading the Atlassian Crowd logs (nothing useful therein)
* Reading the Tomcat Apache Cataline logs (nothing useful therein except useless timeout message)
It does however work with an nginx reverse proxy bolted on at the front. I guess that rules out firewall issues then :-)
With the Atlassian/Tomcat method of enabling HTTPS, it doesn't even give any error. It just sits there for ages then times out.
Hi @N B,
Can you check if Tomcat is listening on the port you configured HTTPS?
When you are saying that:
It does however work with an nginx reverse proxy bolted on at the front.
does it mean that https works then with Crowd? or is your nginx doing SSL termination?
Could you post output of curl?