cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Crowd Server

JvM TECH - Technologie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 29, 2018

Our crowd server, seems not to work anymore after a reboot. 

HTTP Status 404 - /crowd/console/

type Status report

message /crowd/console/

description The requested resource is not available.

We use Version atlassian-crowd-2.8.3

Last Lines of catalina.out:

2018-05-29 14:15:47,495 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/crowd]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.atlassian.crowd.console.listener.StartupListener
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager.getComponent(ContainerManager.java:43)
at com.atlassian.crowd.console.listener.StartupListener.isLicenseValid(StartupListener.java:215)
at com.atlassian.crowd.console.listener.StartupListener.contextInitialized(StartupListener.java:59)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4973)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5467)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:632)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:672)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1862)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
May 29, 2018 2:15:47 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Error listenerStart

1 answer

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2018

are you using a supported java version? which version of webser vs which java version?

If you did not change anything than restart and hope it works.

or restore a system backup.

if it does not work:

It happen if there are two more ContextLoaderListener. check the web.xml for missing/duplicate entries/corruption.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2018

Another resource for log entries is the <crowd-home>/logs/atlassian-crowd.log. Please let us know if you find anything helpful logged there. The Crowd home directory is defined in <crowd_install>/crowd-webapp/WEB-INF/classes/crowd-init.properties.

Guido Schmid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 30, 2018

Thanks for your replys, 

I'm looking into it today. 

-did allready use system Backup-Up's (probably a cause for dup.-entries, due to VM not correctly shuting down)

-looking into further log (as mentioned)

cheers guido 

Guido Schmid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 30, 2018

Thank you for your help. 

The glimps into mentioned log helped me: 

So that, after a reboot, the server only runs correctly after a start/stop

This needs to be repaired, but the server isrunnning now, and i'll get back to my original Task to replace the expired certificate in Tomcat. 

cheers guido

JvM TECH - Technologie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 30, 2018

Thank you, also from our admin account. 

accounts, accounts … ;) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events