Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem importing Crowd xml backup file on migration

Christian Bär March 26, 2018

In case others run into this problem - I could not find a solution on the web:

I migrated from an older Crowd version (2.7.2) using  JDK 1.7.x (that matters - also for older versions) )  to the actual version  (3.1.2) with JDK 1.8.x (that matters) and ran into the symptoms described under  Importing Crowd XML Backup Fails due to Different Locale.

ERROR [atlassian.crowd.migration.DirectoryMapper] Failed to parse date: Wed May 14 18:03:35 +0200 2008
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "Wed May 14 18:03:35 +0200 2008"
  at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:335)
  at com.atlassian.crowd.migration.GenericMapper.getDateFromFormattedString(GenericMapper.java:99)

The problem in this constellation is that java changed it's german date interpretion of the month march, which was "Mrz" until JDK 1.7.x and is "Mär" ( the german umlaut for ae in the middle ) from JDK 1.8.x on.

So what you have to do is to find "Mrz" and replace it with "Mär" in the Crowd xml export.

Cheers,
Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lauretha Rura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hey @Christian Bär - seems like you're hitting intosimilar  issue as the one described in this KB article - Importing Crowd XML Backup Fails Due To Different Locale.

Could you please follow the workarounds mentioned in that KB article and see if that works?

Hope this helps :) 

Christian Bär March 28, 2018

Hello Lauretha,

thanks, I fixed my problem and gave a solution for others, because this cause/solution is missing in your kb article. ;-)

The articel ( I already mentioned in my post) has the same symptom, but a different cause !

This affects only customers using  de_DE locale when exporting and importing.

Sorry that I posted that under "questons" - as I had no question but an answer for others -  but I didn't see a better place.

And as you are an Atlassian I suggest to update the referenced kb article.

Cheers,
Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events