cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent crowd from adding new users to active directory

John Halstead May 5, 2021

Hi,

We have crowd hooked up to an active directory:

I'm ok with crowd manipulating existing users in the active directory as part of its own organisational unit (thus ensuring you can only manage users of Jira, confluence etc) what I'm not ok with is crowd being able to create new users within active directory. Can it be configured to prevent this?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

@John Halstead Welcome to the Atlassian Community.  

It has been a while since I have used Crowd.  I know when configuring crowd connector you have an option to manage local groups.  This allows you to create groups in crowd.  Here is information from the documentation.

If you select the Manage Groups Locally setting on the 'Connector' tab (available only if you've selected the Cache Enabled check box), new groups are created and updated in the Crowd database and not propagated to the LDAP server. Memberships of local groups are also stored locally. This makes it possible to augment the group structure with new groups even with a read-only LDAP server. When this option is enabled, only local groups can be created and updated, while groups synchronized from the remote directory cannot be locally modified.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events