Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform Crowd backup and restore programmatically

Kenny Horan December 21, 2018

I'm working to backup our production environment and restore it in a test environment automatically.  Is there a way to initiate the Crowd XML backup or restore from the command line?

1 answer

0 votes
Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2018

Hi Kenny,

You can backup the database and restore it to dev environment by using a script. Bit there are few manual work you need to be taken care of, restoring the applications from database/xml with prod data will rewrite the license info and all the custom configs like themes banners etc. 

I have written a script which take the help of Jenkins job where the db backup is copied to dev env and shutdown all the nodes first after successful shutdown, the script deletes the old db and creates a new database with same name and configs and restore the data from backup. Once done, it will restart the services. Later I will manually update the required configurations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events