Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to help to integrate Crowd with Jira.

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2023

Hello Team,

I hope all are doing well.

We have Jira, Confluence, and Crowd cluster setup and has load balancer i.e., deployed on Alibaba Cloud and We have already integrated Crowd with Azure AD to SSO and user provisioning purpose. We tried to integrate Crowd with Jira and we followed the all the steps, but at the final steps when we create user directory i.e., Crowd SSO directory in Jira and when pass the actual crowd URL i.e., crowd.xyz.io it shows the below error with IP.

image.png

and the IP is frequently changing per request, but when we passed Private IP (Internal IP) of the crowd i.e. (http:ip:8095) the connection is successful, but as I mentioned we have two nodes for Crowd in the configuration we can only pass the one IP and we will also loose the Cluster functionality.

Looking forward for answer from all the experts here to troubleshoot and fix the issue.

Regards,
Mayur

1 answer

2 votes
Mahesh Shinde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2023

Hi @Mayur Jadhav ,

Could you please answer below queries:

• The IP address which is mentioned in the error, is it Load Balancer IP address of Jira?
  • did you add IP or hostname of Jira's LB into Crowd configuration in Applications -> app -> Remote Addresses ?

This will provide you some background on this.

As you have Crowd DC setup with 2 nodes, then you have to use Crowd URL in user directory config in Jira that URL should be link with LB and LB should redirect traffic based on the parameters which is present in configuration.

Here is the reference article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/load-balancer-configuration-options-935383760.html 

Regards,

Mahesh Shinde

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2023

Hello @Mahesh Shinde ,

Thanks for your response!!

The IP address which is mentioned in the error is not load balancer IP of Jira.

Yes, I have added and tested it, but still the same.

Yes, want the same configuration but unable to do it.

Regards,
Mayur

Mahesh Shinde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2023

Hi Mayur,

The error message is corresponding to that the crowd is not authorizing the request coming from the IP 1 for "jira-app", it means this IP is corresponding any of the application.

• Do you have any idea about this IP, to which application it has, I think it is public IP
  • Have you tried to add this IP (in error message) in Crowd configuration in Applications -> app -> jira-app -> Remote Addresses ?

Regards,

Mahesh Shinde

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2023

Hello @Mahesh Shinde ,

This Ip is frequently changing and even I have added and sometime the connection got successful and when I click in save and test then it again fails. 

Mahesh Shinde
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2023

Hi Mayur,

I think, you have to add hostname or URL of that IP as its changing frequently.

Regards,

Mahesh Shinde

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events