Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Crowd

mwicherski April 3, 2019

I have made the decision to migrate our entire Atlassian suite of products to CentOS as that seems to be the native / most supported installation environment. I'm not new to linux/unix administration but I am having a heck of a time migrating our installation over.

I have created file system backups of the installation and home directories and transferred them to the same locations, as well as a database dump and restore.

When I start the Crowd server, I get the tomcat response that it is running, but 8095 is inaccessible. This is a vanilla CentOS install explicitly for the purpose of running the atlassian suite of jira, bitbucket, bamboo, and crowd.

I have also tried proxypass/proxypassreverse with apache (which is how I have the current installation working, and it has been for years, but it's also not working. I am on a bit of a time crunch to get this working and still have many other services to migrate. I started with crowd as it seemed to be the easiest but am now worried about the process with the remaining products.

2 answers

0 votes
mwicherski April 4, 2019

erroneous post

0 votes
Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

Hi,

your "problem" is probably firewalld. I can recomend you to use Nginx as reverse proxy. Here you can follow tutorial for installation of Nginx for CentOS.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-nginx-on-centos-7

Next you can look (as example is it Jira, but other apps will be similar) at this.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/integrating-jira-with-nginx-426115340.html

Let me know if it helps.

mwicherski April 4, 2019

I thought firewall might be the problem earlier despite having added the port to it and public zoning. I had already disabled the firewall using systemctl firewalld disable and systemctl firewalld stop

In any case, I got rid of apache went with nginx as per your post. I now get a 502; and in addition to that even using localhost, I can't seem to make it stop going to the setup page onload. If I manually go to /crowd, I can log in, and everything is fine.

I've tried re-doing the process with fresh installs starting at the os level several times now, and simply can't seem to get the damned install to launch, proxy, and stop showing me the setup page. For a moment, I got everything working on the windows install, but it kept looping back to the login page, which I was able to break with a manual /crowd url change, but come on.

I'm at a complete loss and have wasted countless hours at this point trying to get this set up on both a centos as well as windows environment. This install process is absurd. I was able to get it working on FreeBSD which is an unsupported platform in the past in under 30 minutes. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events