Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrate users from Crowd to Active Directory or other LDAP server?

How can I migrate users from an internal Crowd directory into Active Directory or another LDAP server?

Is it possible to create an LDIF export of an internal Crowd directory?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

You can make LDIF file by using sql query, it's easier than using API. The following code used for Jira, you can do the same thing with Crowd database ( cwd_user table)

select 'dn: cn=' || username || ',ou=users,dc=erx' || chr(13) ||
       'objectClass: person' || chr(13) ||
       'objectClass: top' || chr(13) ||
       'email: ' || (select propertyvalue from propertystring ps inner join propertyentry pe on ps.id = pe.id where pe.entity_id = ub.id and entity_name = 'OSUser' and property_key = 'email') || chr(13) ||
       'uid: ' || username || chr(13) ||
       'cn: ' || username || chr(13) ||
       'structuralObjectClass: person' || chr(13) ||
       'givenName: ' || (select propertyvalue from propertystring ps inner join propertyentry pe on ps.id = pe.id where pe.entity_id = ub.id and entity_name = 'OSUser' and property_key = 'fullName')  || chr(13) || chr(13)
from userbase ub;

Hi

We would like to move the crowd groups to AD.

is it possible?

Thanks

Arasu

As this is a new question, you shouldn't add it as an answer to my question, but rather as a new question.

I'm guessing you could use the API to query each account and then output it in LDIF format. I guess then your question would now be, if there is an existing solution to this that is known to work, so you don't have to do it yourself.

Yes, doing it yourself is always an option. I hoped for an existing solution. Thanks anyways!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Comparison between Zephyr & Xray

I am sharing this article with both Zephyr and Xray information and everything should be in one place. It will be easy to know when selecting Zephyr or Xray. Zephyr and Xray are both Jira plug-ins u...

180 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you