Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging 2 crowds/upgrading

Cyril Philemon June 17, 2019

There are 2 versions of Crowd setup for 1 Jira instance. 1 acts as a middleman(don't know why, I inherited this setup) between the main Crowd application and Jira.

Main Crowd is running version 2.2.4(yes I know, stupid old) while middleman is running 2.11.
I have been tasked with looking into merging the 2 crowds into 1 but unsure if I should do an upgrade first or merge first.

Main crowd has several applications connected to for authentication than need to be preserved. From what I gather middleman crowd is just there to pass information from Jira to Main crowd.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

1 answer

0 votes
Gaurav
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2019

Hi @Cyril Philemon ,

From the setup, you explained it hard to understand what was the reason that the main crowd wasn't connected to Jira directly.

You should go through the upgrade notes of the version you are planning to upgrade to.

Right now, I cannot tell you more, you can raise a support ticket and our support team will help you migrate to a supported version of Crowd.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events