cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually update Crowd Client libraries in JIRA/Confluence

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2015

Back in the old days, I remember you could always update the Crowd clients that ship with JIRA/Confluence to the newer version.

Is that still true today? I don't see this recommended anymore in the documentation and maybe this is no longer encouraged with Crowd Embedded, and other dependencies introduced with this.

Does this mean we have to wait for the next version of JIRA/Confluence if we wanted to get the newest Crowd library? Or is it safe for me just drop in the latest crowd-integration-client-rest-2.8.X.jar?

1 answer

1 vote
Diego Berrueta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2015

Please do not replace the version of Crowd in the JIRA/Confluence unless specifically instructed to do so by our Support team.

We carefully test the integration of particular versions of the products with particular versions of the Crowd libraries. Any other combination may cause problems since we sometimes introduce changes that break binary compatibility.

We also frequently upgrade the version of the Crowd libraries in the products. Are you interested in any particular change that has not shipped yet in the products?

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2015

Yes, we're waiting for the features from this fix: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-4337. Last release of Confluence 5.7.4 contains 2.8.2. The latest JIRA is also stuck on 2.8.2.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events