Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing existing users with new application and groups in crowd.

VijayKumar Chaudhari November 2, 2012

After adding a new application (its own new directrory and new groups associated with this directory) into crowd, I would like to add my existing crowd/jira users to the group that this application supports.

This application only authenticates the users in its own directory.

How can I add the new groups in one directory to existing users in another directory?

Is importing users from one directory to another directory one of the ways. If so isn't it duplicating groups in different directories?

3 answers

0 votes
VijayKumar Chaudhari November 7, 2012

only problem with importing users and groups from other directories is there is no way to filter which groups and users I want to import. If there are hundreds of users and groups they all will get imported into the directory importing.

Kindly correct me if there is a way and I missed it.

0 votes
Tom Towkach November 3, 2012

Actually Septa is correct,( there is a JAC for that )but if you have control over the directory then you shold be able to do what you want.

With a Crowd Diretory you can manage the user and groups to him as long as you have permissions to add groups and manage users.

It sounds to me if you can't do what you want with the exsisting directory of record, then you could to create your own directory in Crowd and manage it exactly the way you want, or use a hybrid where you get the bulk from the corp. directory and get a select few from a Crowd directory. Or manage groups in JIRA/Confluence/FeCru.

Otherwise go back to your AD/LDAP admin. and work with him or her.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2012

Hi Vijay,

Crowd does not support cross membership directory. Hence it is necessary for you to add groups to the respective directory if you want the user to use the said group.

If you wish to import user from another directory please review to our documentation here.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events