Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed to enter 2 IPs into the directory configuration and now get a stack trace when click on conn

Harjot Saberwal April 29, 2019

Hi There,

I was looking at ways to get crowd to connect to 2 ldap servers and i tried to put both ips of my ldap servers into the connector part of directory. It accepted the 2 ips and continues to work, but when i click on connecter in the specific directory, i get a stack trace with the following error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in authority at index 7: ldap://10.224.0.5 10.224.0.15:389

as you can see, it's the 2 ips that i entered with a space. how can i reset that configuration so that it only uses the first ip? Not sure which xml file contains the configuration so that i can fix the issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

It's in the database, but you should be able to change it by editing the connector.

You'll need to put in a valid address for a single ldap server, without a protocol named.

Thanks Nic,

Where can i change it? if on the webpage i click on the connector, it immediately gives me a stack trace:-

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in authority at index 7: ldap://10.224.0.5 10.224.0.15:389

So i cannot edit the connector as i cannot get to it. Or am i missing something?

thanks

NP worked it out, The hint that this configuration is in the database was useful!

Found a table in the database that had the info i needed. cwd_directory_attribute

found the line that was bad and updated it using the following:

update cwd_directory_attribute

Set attribute_value = 'ldap://10.224.0.5:389'

where directory_id= 557057 and attribute_name = 'ldap.url'

the directory_id is unique to the specific directory, and each directory has a 'ldap.url', so set this back and it worked.

thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events