Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira and Confluence authentication and SSO

We are in the process of spinning up a service desk, and looking to utilize Confluence as the knowledgebase (KB) add in.  Our current setup is JIRA is integrated with our Active Directory and also serves as our user repository for Confluence.  

When a user is entering an issue from the customer portal, it searches and presents results pulled from Confluence which works great, the problem that we are trying to solve is when a user clicks on one of these results it then prompts for credentials even though both are using the JIRA user repositofy.  What is the best way to prevent the user from having to authenticate into Confluence to view the KB info?

I know "Crowd" can offer a solution, I would prefer not to license and maintain another product just to meet this single need.  I feel I may be missing something with the Application links and the associated authentication configuration as a potential solution.

2 answers

Yes, the "Application Links" is the way to go. I always wanted the "Trusted Application" links (which will not require any authentication prompt ever and that means these 2 applications fully trust each other) or you can use OAuth (which will require them to log-in one time). Using the former requires that JIRA and Confluence have the same set of users, if not you can only use OAuth.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/integrating-jira-and-confluence-2825.html

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Leader Oct 12, 2015

If you want Single-Sign On, the Atlassian solution is a single directory within Crowd and using the Crowd-Seraph SSO Plugin in each client application.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Management

JSM June ask me anything (AMA)

Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...

239 views 12 14
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you