Is there any open source Maven Repository software that integrates with Crowd?

I'm trying to setup a Maven repository to use in my Atlassian ALM stack, but I want to be able to have my users created in Crowd to be used in my Maven repository as well to continue having a centralized user management for all my tools.

Is there any tool that supports this? I found that Apache Archiva had an initiative to use the Crowd client API to integrate it, but they were unsuccessful because of Archiva's security architecture limitations, here's the JIRA bug:  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-685

What do Atlassians use internally for artifact management/repository? what is the recommended solution? Keep in mind that we're 3 people and we use the starter license, so we don't have enough money for expensive solutions (like Nexus).

Maybe even there's an opening for another Atlassian product, to have a Maven Repository product that integrates into the Agile process flow, perhaps with Bamboo to have it integrated CI deploy automatically into the Repository for continuous artifact releases, that would be plain awesome!

Thanks,

Raul

1 answer

Try Nexus. There is a community supported Crowd connector

Like I said on the question, forget Nexus as it's a paid product that we can't afford. Any other alternatives that work with Crowd?

For completeness: Nexus is what we use at Atlassian (though I'm not sure if we're using the Crowd connector or whether it's hooked up to LDAP directly). Sometimes we do have scaling problems with Nexus but as far as I know we don't have any plans to replace it with an offering of our own or someone else's.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

2,975 views 8 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you