Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to bulk change email addresses in Crowd or Jira, or both for those of us w/ both?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2018

My company got bought by another company.  We are migrating people's addresses from say a@b.com to c@d.com

Rather than having to go to every bloody user page and go through the 1000 steps to update a single piece of data, is there a way to feed a list of names and addresses to change?  Maybe old address, new address in CSV format?

I should mention its not just a domain change, the naming convention has changed as well. 

1 answer

1 vote
Edwin Kyalangalilwa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2018

Hi @Rob Horan,

This is definitely possible and much easier when you have a CSV to read from.

Using the REST API - write a script that reads the CSV and makes a update call to Jira.

api/2/user

For example a PUT request to

/rest/api/2/user?username=oldusername

with this data

{"Name":"newusername","EmailAddress":"newemail@email.com"}

Let me know of any questions.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2018

Can this be done for Crowd?

Edwin Kyalangalilwa
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2018

Yes. 

Crowd REST resources

Crowd as well has this endpoint .. that updates a user

PUT /user?username=USERNAME

Updates a user

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events