Is the user license of Atlassian Crowd is different from Jira / Confluence users

Kijag Infosystem Private Limited August 4, 2016

I need to have Single Sign on on my application and I came to know about Crowd, I can see that it is priced based on user license. 

Just wanted to confirm whether, the licence cost includes the total number of user across any applications or it has to be purchased separately. For Ex: Lets say 10 users will access confluence, 3 service desk in JSD, 20 in JIRA, so do I have to take only 20 Crowd license and they can access everything, or should I have to purchase separate license like  20 (Crowd) + 10 Confluence + 3 JSD + 20 JIRA = Total 53 License among different platforms. 

Please confirm.

2 answers

0 votes
Damian Wheeler (Otago) August 15, 2016

If you are going to use Crowd SSO for all three applications then you need to have a Crowd license high enough to cover all potential users.

So if your 20 JIRA users are the same people who will use all the other apps, then 20 is fine. If the JIRA Software and Service Desk users are distinctly different from the Confluence users then you need more.

I have also just discovered that if you have Crowd SSO enabled for the Service Desk instance, then you need Crowd licences for all the potential people who would be classed as Customers. While not counted for licensing in JIRA software or SD, they are still users of the crowd directory so still count.

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2016

The license cost includes the number of users across all your applications. In your example, a 20 users Crowd license will be enough.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events