Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to implement SSO for Crowd using my Google account

Suzanne Seaton May 14, 2018

We are trying to implement SSO for Crowd and Google account. To be clear, I want to be able to log on to Crowd, Jira, and Confluence using my google account and password. It's not working.

We followed the instructions in this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/configuring-the-google-apps-connector-167182631.html

Then we tested a couple of users. Did not work. One of the places we tried was in Crowd: Applications > google-apps > authentication test

We both tried to log in with our google user IDs. Did not work. Then later a user complained that he tried to sign in to Google apps and was directed to the Crowd log in. 

My thoughts/concerns: I thought that G-Suite apps were going to 'own' the username/password, and the SSO was going to use that directory. It's confusing to me that the user was directed to the Crowd login page. And then also, why can't we get the handshake working? We followed steps 1-3 in the article I listed above. 

Are the instructions above to use Crowd as the directory and not Google accounts? Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

Hi @Suzanne Seaton

The Google apps connector bundled with Crowd actually allows you to log into Google Apps using your Crowd username and password, not the other way round.

You need the following 3rd party plugin to do what you want to do: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211095/google-apps-for-crowd?hosting=server&tab=overview

Suzanne Seaton May 15, 2018

Thanks! That article for the Google Apps connector confused all of us. I'll give them feedback on it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events