Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install crowd

The following required plugins are not available: [Crowd REST API, Atlassian Plugins - Web Resources - Implementation Plugin, Atlassian UI Plugin, Atlassian Soy - Plugin]. 

3 answers

1 vote
Vicky Blease May 15, 2018

Francisco - as detailed by Jonathan on my ticket. I installed Java 8 and all now working correctly. Hope it helps!

Jonathan Soo Wai Hou

15/May/18 7:32 AM

Hello Vicky,

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Support!

I understand that you're not able to install and startup Crowd properly.

Looking at the error shown, it seems to match with one of the cases I've worked on before, the cause of the issue is because Crowd is using an unsupported version of Java. The latest supported version of Java for Crowd is Java 8, if you're using Java 9 or 7, can you please try to install Crowd using Java 8 and see if the installation works fine for you?

If you're using Java 8, can you please provide me the application and server logs in order for me to troubleshoot this issue better? The logs needed are located at :

• catalina.out - <installation-directory>/apache-tomcat/logs/catalina.out
  • atlassian-crowd.log - <home-directory>/logs/atlassian-crowd.log
  • server.xml -<installation-directory>/apache-tomcat/server.xml
  • crowd.properties - <home-directory>/crowd.properties
  • crowd.cfg.xml - <home-directory>/crowd.cfg.xml

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Jonathan

0 votes
James Michael
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2018

Suspect cause of this issue was the installation of JDK 10.x

I believe that Crowd only currently supports JDK 8.x

0 votes
Marcin Kempa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2018

Hi @Francisco Javier Enguídanos Alemany,

It is hard to tell what is the issue without excerpt of the Crowd logs. I would suggest going to getsupport.atlassian.com to get help with your problem or paste log excerpt here.

There is a documentation that describes where to find Crowd's log files https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/finding-the-atlassian-crowd-log-file-167182956.html

Best Regards,

Marcin Kempa

Vicky Blease May 14, 2018

I'm having the same issue. I tried logging a ticket - https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/16/CWDSUP-15579 - but having viewed the portal it tells me 'We are no longer accepting support requests through this portal', so I'm not sure I'll get any assistance?

The logs show 'Waiting for 4 plugins to finish ENABLING:' then count down 60 seconds, and eventually fail. You can see more on the above link.

I've tried clearing the {CROWD HOME} directory and restarting, and also switching between the x86 and x64 Tomcat libraries as detailed here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/installing-crowd-and-crowdid-191862.html

Any help/advice appreciated!

Thanks.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2018

Your support ticket was opened successfully, and is still open. You should have gotten an email from our portal. Are you still unable to view it at the link you posted?

Vicky Blease May 15, 2018

Hi Ann,

I can see the ticket but if I go to the landing page of the Crowd Support portal it shows this message:

We are no longer accepting support requests through this portal

To get help, please visit the Atlassian Support Site — OR — Contact Atlassian Support

Hence my assumption it wouldn't be dealt with, though I'm happy enough if it's been logged correctly!

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events