Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to use a client token to authenticate on crowd server

Edited

Hello,

Actually, I have a web service which is requested by my website, and I would like to use this web service to request an other web service which need crowd authentication.

The clients have a crowd token given by an other website which authenticate them on the crowd server and i would like to use this token on my web service to authenticate them on the crowd server. And by this way the web service can do request by their access and their name.

But it work if I use the session.post to create a token with their user password, but if i copy past or get the token from the authentication website it didn't work.

It's close from this organization:

I'm sorry if it isn't very well explained, don't hesitate to ask me if you have any question.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @theo 

Let's sum up what you have here:

User's Browser -> Web application -> Web Service A -> Web Service B

What you are facing here is what is detailed in the 'Cause' section of this KB.

From Web Service B's perspective, requests come from Web Service A's IP address, whereas the Crowd token that was initially generated was tied to your user's IP address.

You have two options here:

• Option #1: uncheck 'Require Consistent Client IP Address' in Crowd's console as detailed here
  • Option #2: add the IP addresses of Web application and Web Service A to the list of trusted proxy servers in Crowd's console and make sure to add the user's IP address, Web Application's IP address and Web Service A's IP address (in that order) to the X-Forwarded-For header as detailed here 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

174 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you