Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove deactivated user from Confluence Page

Mark Frampton January 3, 2019

I have an old account on our Confluence Cloud instance that is the original author of some pages. The account has been deactivated. Can I edit/remove them from the byline at the top of the confluence pages (see attached)?Confluence Deactivated User.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2019

Hi @Mark Frampton

If you have deactivated/disabled the user, then it will show as seen from the attached screenshot. The user can not be deleted because he or she has authored content in one or more spaces.

This page describes the options when you want to remove the access for the user. 

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

Mahalie Stackpole October 19, 2022

This question is not about access for the user, it's about ownership of page/space. The creator is given a great deal of prominence and it would be great to be able to reassign the page to a different person, or easily dupe and delete. 

Like # people like this
Schuuudi January 3, 2023

I would also like to get an answer to this question. We have the same problem: a Team Lead has left us and now we want to transfer the ownership of the pages to the new Team Lead. Does anyone have an idea how this can be done? You can't search for the deactivated Team Lead, nor for his created pages. So I don't see any way to filter by the content to the old Team Lead to make it easier for the new Team Lead to maintain the pages.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem?

Melanie Niven
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 8, 2024

@Schuuudi  You can click the three dots next to the owner and click Manage Owner > Then Change Owner. The deactivated person's profile image still appears but you will now be the author. If you can't do this, you need to Administrator to do this or have your permissions changed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events